This milk is absolutely divine and SO addictive!
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 vanilla bean—no need to de-seed if you have a good blender
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 5 cups of filtered water
- 2 tsp coconut oil – this helps to emulsify and make your milk creamy and even morenutritious.
1. Soak the raw almonds overnight in plenty of filtered water. Not only will this soften
them, it will also activate the life giving enzymes in them, making them easily digestible.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy. For silky smooth milk simply
put through a fine kitchen strainer—no need for messy and expensive nut milk bags!
Reserve the pulp for raw desserts if you like.
3. I like to store mine in recycled glass jars. The milk will store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Substitute almonds with hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds or hemp seeds for a deliciously sweet and nourishing variation!
- Once chilled, make a quick energy smoothie by blending a frozen banana, pinch of cinnamon and a handful of ice in a cup of milk. The vanilla bean gives it a really indulgent taste, without adding ice cream.
- Make a healthy iced coffee by adding lots of ice and a shot of real organic coffee
- Alternatively serve with granola or as a milk replacement in baking.