These are so quick, clean and delicious, and the sauce is so addictive!! I think I’m obsessed with making my own instant sauces using roasted capsicum as the base. Aside from the capsicum, this sauce is raw (feel free to use a raw capsicum if you prefer!) You can tweak it with different spices to suit any cuisine. Everything tastes amazing with a good sauce!
- 600g white fish fillets- snapper works well
- 2 Tbsp green or red Thai curry paste, home made or a quality store bought one
- Handful coriander leaves
- 3 Tbsp light coconut oil or olive oil for pan frying
Instant Clean Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 roasted red capsicum- freshly made or a preservative free store bought
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- juice of one lime
- 1 deseeded large red chilli, less if you prefer
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey or preferred sweetener, to taste
- 1 kaffir lime leaf- makes this so delish!! (freeze leftovers or grow your own)
- 1 small garlic clove, optional
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
Method: Throw the fish cake ingredients into a food processor and pulse to bring it together. Form small flat patties in your hands, and gently fry in a little oil until cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Meanwhile for the sauce- Simply throw all the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. Serving suggestions:
- Serve with lettuce leaves as wraps, or with a thai inspired salad.
- Store the left over sauce in the freezer or the fridge- great on salads and with eggs too.