This dish is so impressive, but takes so little effort to prepare! It’s the perfect fuss free Sunday family dinner. I really hope you will give it a go and see how simple it is to create beautiful meals for your family. Using a secondary cut of meat, this is a budget friendly recipe too.
See how I do this in my video: http://youtu.be/nykqNlDhiC4
- Free Range Lamb Shoulder
- 2 tbsp your favourite spice mix (In the video I use Garam Masala. Traditional fresh rosemary, garlic and lemon works wonders too.)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 bunch parsley or mint
- zest 2 lemons
- 1 garlic clove
- juice 1-2 lemons, to taste
- seasoning, to taste
Preheat your oven as high as it will go. Score your lamb in a diamond pattern. Rub with your chosen herbs and spices and drizzle with olive oil. Cover tightly with foil. Place in the oven and immediately turn down to 120C. Bake for 6-8 hours. Rest before serving.
Make the gremolata using a food processor, mortar and pestle or knife and chopping board. Chop, bash or blend parsley, lemon zest, juice, olive oil, garlic and seasoning until fine. Use this to dress your lamb and salad just before serving.
- Turn up to 150C if you want to cook it for only 4 hours.
- Add sweet potato and pumpkin to the pan and bake 180C, uncovered for the last hour.
- Serve with your favourite salad, as I have done in the video above.