I love this salad so much, not only because it is incredibly nourishing and alkalising, but because the flavour combo is mouth wateringly delicious!! This is served with one of my fav dressings, and it is so versatile.
- 1 fennel
- 1 small cucumber
- Small handful chopped dill
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider or white wine vinegar, or fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers
- pinch of Himalayan salt, to taste
- Use a mandolin or fine slice plates on your food processor to shave the fennel and cucumber. Alternatively use a knife to slice as finely as possible.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Toss everything together gently with your hands.
- This salad and dressing goes so well with crispy skin salmon or trout.
- Added steamed baby potatoes to the salad is wonderful! Also great with a cherry tomato, asparagus and baby potato salad.