- 1/4 cup raw cacao butter, melted
- 1/2 cup raw coconut butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tsp rice malt or maple, to taste
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter, melted
- 1/3 cup raw cacao liquor, or raw cacao powder to taste*
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup, or to taste
1. Boil the kettle and pour the hot water into a large heat proof bowl- stainless steel is ideal. Shave cacao butter with a knife and place this and remaining white chocolate ingredients in a smaller heat proof bowl that will fit inside the large one. Allow it to sit for 5 or so minutes to melt the butters. once melted gently fold together- but no more than 5 times or the coconut butter will split! DO NOT stir rapidly. Pour into moulds, filling half way. Set for 5 minutes in the freezer.
2. Clean the white chocolate bowl and dry well. Place the dark choc ingredients in it, and sit in the bowl of hot water to melt. This layer is not as temperamental, so whisk the ingredients until really smooth and shiny. Taste and adjust cacao and sweetener to your taste. Pour over the set white chocolate and set in freezer.
*Cacao Liquor (the brown flakes pictured) is available online and in some health food shops. It is a solid paste made from milled cacao beans, is less processed than the powder and will make a firmer chocolate. The powder will substitute just fine if you can not find it.