The superfood status of raw chocolate gives you a great excuse to indulge regularly in your favourite food. I have tried many variations of raw chocolate over the years, and this particular recipe and ratio is a winner!! Remember you can flavour it up how you like to resemble your favourite chocolate- see the suggestions below for some inspiration.
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao liquor*
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- tiny pinch Himalayan salt
- optional splash food grade orange or peppermint essential oil, or vanilla powder
*Cacao Liquor is chocolate in it’s purest form, and contains both the cacao and the cacao butter. It melts beautifully and sets lovely too. You can order this online along with your butter etc. Replace with cacao powder if preferred.
- Add your fav toasted crushed nuts such as almonds, macadamias or hazelnuts
- Make a mixed fruit and nut combo including goji berries and pistachio for colour
- shredded coconut rough
- dried raspberries or blueberries
- nut clusters
- cacao nib crunch
- peppermint cream filling (see my easter egg recipe)