This is a great fat burning meal that the entire family can enjoy! tastes great as a salad the following day, so plan ahead and make extra.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 small brown onion, diced finely, or 2 spring onions
- 1 garlic clove, diced finely
- 1 small red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced finely
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 3 organic, free-range eggs
- 1-2 tbsp tamari (wheat free soy)
- 2 tsp raw honey or rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp White pepper, or to taste
- Good splash of sesame oil, to taste
- 1 Lime
1. Cook quinoa as per absorption method on the packet. This can be prepared in advance, or use up left overs.
2. Fry off onion, carrot, garlic and chilli in sesame oil, add capsicum and peas and continue
frying for another minute. Add quinoa to the pan and flavour with tamari, honey and pepper
to taste. Turn off the heat.
3. Beat eggs in a bowl and make a thin omelette with a little sesame oil in a fry pan. Slice
into thin strips then combine with the vegetables and quinoa. Liven up with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh coriander, a squeeze of lime juice, and a large side of
- steamed green vegetables, or top with fresh shredded vegetables.
- Great for kids lunch boxes.
- Brown rice works well in place of quinoa