So many people suffer from gluten sensitivities, and we could all do with cutting back a little on our grain consumption. This is the perfect replacement to bread- It is health and weight loss promoting, grain free, high in protein and healthy fats, and best of all, incredibly easy to whip up! I love to toaste mine and serve with almond butter :)
• 2 ½ cups blanched almond meal
• ½ cup LSA mix
• 4 organic eggs
• ¼ cup macadamia or coconut oil
• 1tsp aluminium free baking powder
• 1 tbsp unfiltered apple cider vinegar
• 1 tbsp rice malt syrup, raw honey or pure maple syrup
• pinch Himalayan salt
• pinch nutmeg and/or cinnamon
• 2 cups grated pumpkin
• 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds and/or sesame seeds
1. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
2. Grease or line a loaf tin with baking paper. Pour in batter and press down smoothly. Sprinkle over seeds. Bake at 160- 170 degrees for 1 to 1.5 hours- check after 1 hour with a skewer and continue cooking until it comes out clean.
This is great with either savoury or sweet toppings such as nut butters, homemade jam, honey and tahini, avocado or organic butter. Also a perfect accompaniment to a hearty soup or a cooked breaky. Can be sliced and frozen, ready to toast and serve at a moments notice.
Tip: Add an extra tablespoon of sweetener, extra spice and ¼ cup of your favourite dried fruit such as sultanas, dates or figs to turn it into a sweet bread.