This is a great little mix for using up end-of-the-week-leftovers, or for a simple, comforting and nourishing sunday night dinner or breaky using your fresh market supplies. I encourage you to create your own little Hash Fry Up version using what you have on hand. Here are some of my fav components, pictured here…there are no stead fast rules, so adjust quantities according to how many you are serving.
- 3 Potatoes, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Fresh rosemary, to taste
- Olive oil and/or a knob of organic butter or ghee, as needed
- Himalayan or celtic salt to taste
- Fresh rocket leaves to serve
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced to serve
- 1 poached free range egg per person to serve
- grated parmesan for parmesan chips to serve
- Fresh rocket or basil leaves
- handful toasted pine nuts
- handful grated parmesan
- salt to taste
- splash olive oil, as needed
- zest of 1 lemon
- squeeze of lemon juice to taste
1. Gently steam or boil the potatoes until almost tender. Drain and place in a hot non stick fry pan with a little olive oil, butter garlic, salt and rosemary leaves. Pan fry until crunchy and golden.
2. Meanwhile make your pesto in a food processor or mortar and pestle, adjusting quantities to your taste.
3. Poach or fry eggs
4. to make parmesan crisp scatter one smooth layer of finely grated parmesan over a small non stick frypan and cook over gentle heat until very lightly golden. Turn out with a spatular and allow to cool and harden. Alternatively scatter on some baking paper and bake until lightly golden, remove from oven and allow to harden.
5. To serve smear some pesto on a plate, scatter fresh rocket and tomatoes, crispy potatoes and top with a poached egg and parmesan crisp. Finish with seasoning, a splash of good olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.