This smoothie tastes like summer! I’m always coming up with new green smoothie recipes so I can continue enjoying them daily, and I know this one is going to be a huge hit in my house this summer! So refreshing and interesting, I really hope you give it a try! Why not introduce your family to the joy of green smoothes, by serving it up in a big jug with lots of ice and extra fresh mint at your next BBQ .
This light, refreshing smoothie (or blended juice) is incredibly alkalising, hydrating, nourishing and cleansing. Cucumbers are 95% water, and they contain silica which is necessary for healthy glowing skin. Limes are high in vitamin C, which is crucial for a strong immune system, and they help to cleanse the body. Mint is an excellent skin cleanser and breath freshener, and it’s a mild stimulant, great for lifting fatigue. The addition of vanilla is for flavour, but it’s also considered an aphrodisiac All of these ingredients stimulate digestive enzymes, improving digestion and assisting detoxification and weight loss. WINNING!!
- 1 lime, skin removed
- 1 big handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped roughly
- 1/4 – 1/2 vanilla bean, to taste (if you have a high power blender you can throw in the skin and all, otherwise deseed)
- 6 drops stevia- or to taste
- enough filtered water for a refreshing juice consistency- about 2-3 cups
- enough ice to make it icey cold!
Blend all ingredients until really smooth and a juice consistency. Taste and ensure it is sweet enough and you can really taste the vanilla.
- Glam it up and serve in tall glasses with extra ice, lime slices and fresh mint!
- Use coconut water
- If serving to guests strain the foam from the top.
- Add sparkling water if entertaining
- Real Vanilla bean powder is a great substitute
- PS Im loving my new vanilla bean grinder that I got in the vanilla section at the supermarket! Very handy for fresh beans!