Try this delicious and clean variation of a favourite!
- 1 bunch Purple kale or dinosaur kale, torn into bite size pieces
- 4 rashers of free range organic bacon, sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 poached or boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese shavings
I often substitute yogurt in place of mayo in dressings as I find it is much lighter, plus quicker than making your own clean version!
- ½ cup plain organic yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp organic Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ small clove garlic, finely grated
- ½ tsp anchovy paste, optional
- Cracked black pepper and Himalayan salt, to taste
- Pan fry the bacon until crisp, then remove and drain the excess fat reserving 1 tbsp in the pan. Place pan back on heat, and toss the kale in the reserved bacon fat for 30 seconds or so until slightly wilted.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings to preference.
- Layer kale with bacon, Parmesan, pine nuts and top with freshly poached or boiled eggs, a little olive oil and dressing.
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side