We all need a secret remedy on hand for when ever illness strikes. Here’s my go-to recipe for such occasions.
- 3 cups homemade chicken broth (see recipe)
- 270ml 100% coconut cream
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 inch knob of fresh turmeric, grated (or 1/2 tsp powered)
- Juice of 1-2 limes, to taste
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped roughly
- Himalayan salt, to taste
Gently warm stock and coconut cream. Add ginger and turmeric and simmer for 1 minute- you want to preserve all the immune boosting goodness so do not over cook them! Season to taste with salt and lime, and garnish with fresh coriander.
When you’re fighting off a winter bug it’s helpful to lighten up your meals so your body can focus on fighting infection rather than digesting heavy food. To make this heartier for an every day soup, simply add back some of the shredded chicken saved from your broth, and add your favorite chopped vegetables such as mushrooms, carrots, shallots and green beans.