Labneh is a super healthy cream cheese made from yogurt. It lends itself well to all recipes that call for cream cheese! It makes a delicious snack or spread for the kids, and a high protein one for those wishing to lose or maintain weight. It s really simple to prepare yourself…
See the video HERE
- 1kg Plain organic yogurt
- 1tsp Himalayan or Celtic Salt
- cheese cloth/muslin
- wooden spoon
- kitchen strainer
1. Line the strainer with a double layer of cheese cloth.
2. Mix salt into yogurt well. Pour into the strainer.
3. Gather the ends of the cloth and tie over the wooden spoon. Place the spoon across the pot so that the cheese has plenty of room to hang, without touching the bottom where the Whey is going to drip.
4. Leave for 24-72 hours, depending on desired consistency.
5. Place in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Add you fav herbs and spices such as za’atar and mint, or some olive oil and pitted olives.
- Labneh is a healthy replacement for cream cheese and sour cream in savoury and sweet desserts.
- If left to drain for 48-72 hours, the labneh can be rolled into balls and marinated in olive oil, garlic and herbs and spices.
- Use as a healthy dip with veggie sticks or pita, or spread on wraps or rice cakes for the kids