A simple home version that can add to your health but not your waistline!
- 200g Hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup rice malt syrup, or more to taste
- 1 heaped tbsp raw cacao, or to taste
- real vanilla extract- be generous!
- 2 tbsp macadamia or hazelnut oil (you can use coconut oil however the flavour may come through)
- water or milk as needed
1. Roast hazelnuts in the oven. Remove skins by rolling in a tea towel. NOTE: you can buy skin free hazelnuts if you prefer.
2. Blend all of the ingredients in a high power blender until smooth and silky, tasting and adjusting flavour and consistency as you go. NOTE: If using a food processor process the nuts first until it resembles nut butter, then add remaining ingredients and continue until you are happy with the consistency, adjusting flavour and liquid as needed.
- This makes a beautiful filling for a raw tart, freezer fudge, or a healthy alternative to icing for baked and raw cakes and slices. You can find some raw tart inspiration in my FREE Wholesome Chocolate eBook