Clean eating should NEVER mean sacrificing flavour and satisfaction! This mouthwatering, colourful and incredibly nourishing dish proves this point perfectly!
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 garlic clove, or 1 tsp garlic powder
- juice 1 lime
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1-2 tsp cumin seeds or powder
- 1-2 tsp coriander seeds or powder
- 1/4 red onion, chopped, or 1tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp coriander roots, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 avocado, mashed
- juice of another lime
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- fresh rocket
- 1 sweet potato, cubed and baked
- plain organic yogurt
If serving with sweet potato, bake potato in a little coconut or olive oil and seasoning at 180C until tender.
Pound together the spice paste in your mortar and pestle. Marinade the chicken thighs in the paste.
Place chicken on a preheated pan and under your grill. Turn when golden, about 5-10 minutes, and continue until cooked through. Rest, then slice and dress with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Mash avocado, lime juice and seasoning to taste.
Make a salsa with tomatoes, coriander leaves, lime juice, olive oil and seasoning.
I like to pile my sliced chicken on top of sweet potato, and top it with fresh spinach or rocket, tomato salsa, guacamole, yogurt and my home made chipotle sauce. See the video for easy instructions!
Recipe is suitable for fish, steak and prawns.