- ¼ cup Nutra Organics coconut oil
- 2/3 cup Nutra Organics rice malt syrup
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 6 eggs, at room temperature, beaten
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- Zest 2 oranges
- Juice of ½ an orange, plus another ½ once cooked
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- ½ cup Nutra Organics coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 250g packet cream cheese*
- 1-2 tbsp thick plain yogurt
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- 3 tbsp Nutra Organics rice malt syrup
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt coconut oil and rice malt syrup together in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove from heat and whisk in coconut cream, orange zest, the juice of ½ an orange and vanilla, followed by the eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients well in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients to the wet mix slowly while whisking to ensure no lumps, and the coconut flour distributes evenly. Pour into the cake tin.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. While warm prick all over with a fork, and squeeze the juice of ½ an orange over. Cool on a wire rack
- Meanwhile add the icing ingredients to a food processor or stand mixer, and whip together until a nice thick, smooth consistency forms. If it’s too thick add another dollop of yogurt. Taste and ensure the icing is sweet enough and has enough orange flavour coming through. Place in the fridge to cool and thicken slightly.
- Once cake is completely cooled, ice and decorate with your preferred toppings- Nutra Organics desiccated coconut, fresh figs, raspberries, pistachio nuts or dehydrated citrus glass (pictured) all work well.
*For a Dairy free, raw icing blend soaked cashews with vanilla, rice malt syrup, orange zest and juice to a smooth icing consistency.