I love how quick and simple this is to prepare, yet it is so impressive, nutritious and tasty!
- 1 Portion of salmon per person
- Himalayan or celtic salt, to taste
- 1 tsp Organic coconut oil or ghee
- 1-2 cups mixed vegetables per person- broccoli, cabbage, mushroom, carrots, bean sprouts etc work well
- Garlic, chopped finely, to taste
- 1 heaped dessertspoon of organic miso paste
- splash Tamari (wheat free soy)
- small knob ginger, or 1 tsp grated, or to taste
- 1 tsp of honey, maple or rice malt syrup, to taste
- juice of 1 lime
1. Heat a non stick pan to a steady medium heat.
2. Pat dry skin side of salmon and season with salt
3. Grease pan with oil and place skin side down, wiggle gently to ensure it doesn’t stick. Leave the skin side down until it reaches desired crispiness and colour. Lower pan heat to gentle to medium heat so it doesn’t burn. Turn salmon over and continue to desired doneness.
4. Meanwhile stir fry vegetables with a little garlic.
5. Make dressing by throwing all in a blender with about 3 tbsp of boiling water. Taste and adjust balance of sweet, sour and salty to your preference. Alternatively whisk together in a bowl.
6. Serve vegetables with salmon and a generous amount of the miso dressing- its so delicious you will want to drink it! Remember not to pour in directly on your crispy skin