Crispy, salty and sweet, this has everything you need for the makings of a fantastic dish! This is a much cleaner version of the popular chinese dish, and really simple to make! My Hubby really loves it and its super kids friendly too.
- 500g Chicken Thighs, cut into strips
- 1 cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt
- unscented organic coconut oil for shallow frying- a healthier alternative to canola and other veg oils
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tsp tamari sauce- wheat free soy sauce
- 3 tbps raw organic honey- or to preference
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
For this dish you can deep or shallow fry according to preference. Heat oil to 180 degrees. Mix flour with salt and pepper. Toss chicken pieces in flour to coat and shake off excess. Shallow fry until golden and crispy on both sides. Drain on a paper towel.
Add a small splash of coconut oil to a non-stick fry pan and gently pan fry garlic for 30 seconds or so. Meanwhile mix tamari and honey together, then add chicken to the pan and drizzle with the honey marinade. Toss to coat well, working quickly before the honey over caramelises. At the last minute sprinkle over toasted sesame seeds. Serve with a sprinkle of garlic chives if desired.
- Pan fry spring onion and red chilli with the garlic for extra colour and flavour.
- serve with stir fried vegetables or in wraps.
- Bake chicken- coat pieces in coconut oil then toss in flour, then bake until golden.