If in doubt WRAP IT- thats our family motto haha! These are a fun flavour sensation- the chicken is gluten free and crispy without being fried, and the condiments are easy to whip up and add loads of flavour! The whole family will love these, and they wont jeopardise your health and fitness goals. PERFECT!
- 500g Chicken Breast or Thigh
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup rice crumbs (I use Orgran in the health food section)
- 1 tsp each paprika, oregano, salt and garlic powder
- ¼ tsp white pepper
Cut chicken into strips and coat in olive oil. Combine rice crumbs and spices in a bowl. Coat chicken strips evenly and well in rice crumb mix. Lay on a baking tray lined with non stick paper, and bake at 180 until lightly golden- the oil underneath the crumb will make them crispy.
Choose a combo of your fav salsa ingredients and dice finely such as- grilled pineapple, tomato, red onion, avocado, red capsicum and cucumber. Dress with chopped coriander, salt and lime juice.
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- ½ cup plain yogurt (you can use mayo but wont be as healthy)
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
Place ingredients in a processor and process until smooth. Tip- freeze remaining chipotle for next time.
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove
- squeeze fresh lime juice
- handful fresh coriander
Process until smooth, or dice everything finely and mix well.
- Serve self help bowls with your fav wraps- i like mountain bread cut into quarters
- Alternatively serve as a salad with the dressings and avocado
- Add greens such as rocket, shredded cabbage or baby spinach
- Read the ingredients on the crumbs you choose- many are laced with lots of chemicals! The brand I use is 100% brown rice, and you can find it in the health food section of the supermarket.
- Chipotle is available in speciality delis- stock up they are well worth it!!