Get your chocolate Nutella fix with these delicious wholesome bars! They are super simple to make, super energising and super delicious!
- 300g Hazelnuts
- 4 heaped tbsp raw cacao, or to taste
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 2 cups pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes if too firm
- 1-2 tsp Pure vanilla extract or seeds
- 50g 85% Dark Organic chocolate (i use Green&Blacks in Coles and Woolys), optional
- 1 shot coffee, optional variation (this really boosts the choc flavour. Omit for kids!)
1. Roast Hazelnuts until fragrant and toasted. Place in a clean tea towel and rub away skins as much as you can.
2.Place hazelnuts, coconut and cacao in a food processor. Pulse to a large crumb. Add dates and vanilla and coffee if desired, and processes until it comes together.
3. Line a freezer container with baking paper. Press mixture to about 6-8mm thick, smooth and compacted. Freeze to set.
4. Meanwhile melt dark chocolate over a double boiler. Remove slice from freezer and cut into desired sized bars. Drizzle with dark chocolate if desired.
- You can throw in a few nuts at the end and pulse a couple of times if you prefer some larger chunks through your bar.
- Makes a large tray. 1/2 the recipe if desired.