Who needs Nutella when you have healthy choc-hazelnut protein balls!
- 300g Hazelnuts
- 4 heaped tbsp raw cacao or coco powder, or to taste
- 1 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 2 cups pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes to soften
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Place hazelnuts on a baking tray and roast until fragrant and toasted, taking care not to burn. This brings out a richer hazelnut flavour. Place nuts in a clean tea towel and rub away skins as much as you can.
2. Place hazelnuts, coconut and cacao in a food processor. Pulse to a large crumb. Add dates and vanilla, and process until it comes together really smoothly.
3. Roll mixture into tight balls, then into coconut. Set in the fridge or freezer.
Add a shot coffee for a little extra indulgence