These are a pretty clean and filling snack, perfect for kids or adults wanting a clean treat. Completely grain, egg and dairy (if using 85% chocolate) free, low in sugar and high in protein!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp 100% REAL peanut butter (or almond) MUST be 100%
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup, raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp aluminium free baking powder
- a pinch salt
- 70g 70%-85% dark chocolate, chopped into chunks (I use Green & Blacks Organic
1. Preheat oven 175 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine all ingredients, excluding choc chunks, in a food processor, and process until smooth.
3. Stir in chocolate.
4. Roll mix into balls, and shape into plump bite size cookies, wet hands if needed to prevent sticking.
5. Bake for 10-15, until golden- note they stay soft and dense like a brownie