You’ll be surprised just how much this cauliflower rice risotto tastes just like the real deal. The benefits of course is it takes a of the time to cook, and it’s grain free and lower in carbs for a clean lifestyle. Risotto Tip: A homemade chicken broth will always make it taste way better!!
- 1 onion
- 1 knob organic butter
- 3 cups of mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 small cauliflower or 1/2 a large one, processed or grated to resemble rice
- Home made chicken stock, as needed
- Lemon zest
- Parmesan cheese
- Himalayan Salt
Method: Gently fry onion in butter until soft. Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme and continue cooking until all the flavours are released. Add cauliflower and coat with mushroom mix. Start adding stock one ladle at a time- keep stirring and adding stock until cauliflower is soft. The mix should be slightly wet like a traditional risotto. Season with cheese, lemon zest and salt to taste. Suggestions:
- Try your fav risotto combinations.
- Add chicken for extra protein.